Friday, February 11, 2011

BACKWARD MASKING II


Strange video montage of Elvis footage to Danzig's 'Blood and Tears.' No masks there ;)

I put some more work into my Grizzly spirit animal mask. Here is the photographic evidence:




He got an earlift, made out of pipecleaners and draping strips of plaster to create a skin like effect. I looked at eleven pictures of grizzly bears to get the look down, which doesn't necessarily translate well in these hands. I looked at the snout and shook my head. What was going on there? Like someone hit Yogi in the mouth with a baseball bat. Not so aesthetically pleasing.




Clearer shot of the top of his head, where I saw an opportunity to do something daring, something unhinged. My bear needed a third eye to enable his vision quests and phantom plundering. I took out my psychic scalpel and here's where things get, I don't know, kinda cosmic...




I built a plain round mirror into the third eye chakra position, confident it would behave like a spiritual amplifier when worn by the celebrant. I did some reconstructive surgery on his mouth. I did what I could.



I got out my watercolors and did some design work on the crown of the mask, a spiritual conduit to gather cast off daydreams and psychic debris discharged in any given area at any given moment. The Grizzly gathers the sprinkles and the stardust and saves it for when he is worn.

Plans for this mask include being fitted to a head covering that will secure the atavistic beast to to the wearer's face.






No comments:

Post a Comment